|Delivery Lead, Cloud Transformation|
Computer Concepts Ltd (New Zealand)
November 2018 – ongoing
Computer Concepts Limited’s Cloud Transformation and Migration Team: “You want to set a foundation for the future, and adopting cloud platforms and digital technology to transform business is a game-changer. Let our team of experts help guide, enable, and implement your cloud initiative so you can quickly realise the benefits of cloud and digital technology to achieve your business objectives. We’ll accelerate and enable success, using frameworks and methodologies tested and proven on hundreds of transformation projects from around the globe to help you securely deploy and migrate your applications to the public cloud. “
Responsible for providing Agile delivery expertise to ensure the successful execution of customer engagements covering cloud and transformation delivery and consulting projects, as well as managed cloud service delivery. Regardless of methodology I required a mindset of delivering value early and frequently. As an Agile practitioner I provided Agile, Lean and DevOps guidance and coaching both internally and externally.
- Able to fulfil Project Management, Scrum Master, and Product Owner roles
- Collaborates, co-creates and continuously improves to ensure effective delivery.
- Delivers to a high standard, drives for results and high-quality products and services.
- Delivers value early and frequently.
- Demonstrates leadership capabilities while working with cross-functional distributed teams.
- Resolves delivery impediments.
- Improves the predictability of solution delivery.
- Engages stakeholders in achieving business value.
- Acts as a trusted adviser for customers (internally & externally).
- Provides a good understanding of project and development delivery methodologies and practices.
- Coordinates execution of project and managed services engagements including task and dependency planning and tracking.
- Facilitates delivery events and ceremonies.
- Risk and issue identification and management.
- Stakeholder management, communications planning and management, and status reporting.
- Sets up and maintains project tooling including project registers and backlogs.
- Project financial management incl. procurement, time and material tracking and budget and billing reporting, with good service provider commercial acumen.
Agile | Lean Coaching
- Champion & Evangelise Cloud, DevOps, Lean and Agile practices.
- Enable Agile adoption by teaching, mentoring and coaching teams in Agile-based frameworks.
- Provide Agile | Lean delivery expertise to standardise delivery and development methodology and approach and implement modern operating models.
- Setting up Delivery teams as a servant process, not a commanding process.
- Guiding the Development team towards self-organization.
- Leading the team through healthy conflict and debate.
- Teaching, coaching and mentoring the organisation and team in adopting and using Agile practices and principles.
- Shielding the team from disturbance and external threats.
- Helping the team make visible progress and flow, remove and prevent impediments.
- Encouraging, supporting and enabling the team to reach their full potential and abilities.
- Creating transparency by radiating information via e.g. Product and Sprint Backlogs, Daily Stand-Ups, Reviews and a visible workspace.
- Ensuring a collaborative culture exists within the team.
- Embed best practice Agile and Lean practices using continuous improvement and retrospectives.
- Agile Scrum tool expert and go-to person allowing teams to focus on deliverables rather than administration. (e.g. Jira, etc.)
- Customer and internal journey mapping to identify end-to-end customer/team experiences.
|Principal Continuous Improvement Manager|
Computer Concepts Ltd (New Zealand)
November 2018 – August 2020
Transformation Services: Accelerating cloud adoption, digital innovation and business transformation.
Security Services: Protecting your IT and cloud infrastructure and systems, end to end, and on an ongoing basis.
Multi-cloud Solutions: Delivering your cloud application and workload needs, on premise, on shore or in the public cloud.
Managed Services: Ensuring your cloud services run well, remain compliant, and support is there for whenever you need it.
End User Compute: Maximising the productivity and efficiency of your end users, their tools and their devices.
The Principal Continual Service Improvement (CSI) Manager was responsible for leading a functional team within the Strategy Group. This was a brand new business function, and I was responsible for both establishing and managing CSI across CCL creating a network of CSI subject matter and knowledge leads. I had to develop the processes and governance required to operate a CSI portfolio creating the compelling cases for investment that support both opportunities to address existing problems, business risk and exploit value and best practice. I also operated and developed Problem Management creating an integrated operating model between the CSI, Problem and Service teams.
Building relationships across the business Responsible for mentoring and training areas with Lean Startup methodologies
Instigated Agile methodologies and tools within CSI team and migrating across to other teams as was applicable.
Project and Programme Management for all aspects of CSI. Created a comprehensive but simple framework to provide visibility and task flow management
Responsible for building, coaching, mentoring and growing team members.
Involved in strategic management and alignment of CSI functions to the wider business goals
Lean Start-up and Change
Implementing a lean start-up bedded infrastructure, framework and toolset for the management and communication of the CSI function across the business